Join a small team to work a greenfield project building a data intensive product in the e-commerce space. The solution is built primarily in Java Spring, backed up by MariaDB (MySQL) databases and leveraging Rabbitmq as a message broker for a message driven architecture. The product is to be cloud hosted (AWS) but needs to be platform agnostic in its build.
Your Skills and Experience
- At least 3-4 years working with Java Spring
- Using Intellij and/or Eclipse IDE’s
- Hibernate ORM experience
- Experience building RESTful API’s
- Database schema design & strong SQL skills (MySQL/MariaDB)
- Unit and integration tests with jUnit, TestNG or equivalent
- Source control with git
- Strong problem solving skills with a keen eye for performant code
- Past experience working with multi-threaded solutions
- Working with collaboration software such as JIRA and Confluence, Mediawiki, etc.
- The ability to work independently but more importantly knowing when the ask questions and not being afraid to challenge architectural or implementation decisions if you feel they are wrong or could be improve upon.
- Experience working with build tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity, understanding on continuous deployment pipelines
- Working with vagrant development environments
- Any experience or knowledge of AWS services, particularly EC2, ECS and RDS
- Containerisation with docker
- Experience working with Linux servers and provisioning environments with Ansible, Chef or Puppet would be a bonus
Why You'll Love Working Here
We’ll offer you a start-up environment with:
- International, dynamic, friendly working environment.
- Clear and stable career growth
- Many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Regular team building events, sport activities…
- Medical and Accident Insurance program
- Professional training
- Competitive and attractive salary