The Software QA Lead will be responsible for delivering high quality software applications and systems to the company users and customers. This person will be instrumental in the leading and execution of day-to-day software testing activities and the development, implementation, and standardization of manual and automated testing processes. This includes leading and mentoring of QA team members and the coordination of QA portion of projects.
This individual will participate in the implementation and execution of all aspects of testing including planning and actual testing efforts, documenting and analyzing test results, and automation.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including script creation, execution, and metrics; applying industry best practices, and developing new tools to ensure achievement of quality goals.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services
- Lead and mentor QA team members
- Leverage a variety of tools and techniques to perform functional, regression, integration, security, and stress testing.
- Use various testing methods including black box, white box, and other approaches.
- Interact with project management, development team, and project stakeholders to develop a STRONG understanding of the project, its purpose and testing objectives.
- Scope test efforts and develop QA project milestones and timelines.
- Identify test requirements from functional and technical specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Coordinate/assist in the preparation of the test environment for automation testing.
- Execute and evaluate manual and automated test cases and report test results.
- Ensure that software meets business and design specifications and requirements.
- Document functional defects found during test runs using a defect tracking system and coordinate with the development team regarding remediation of these defects
Your Skills and Experience
- BS or BA degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant QA technical experience in a software environment.
- Effective communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines
- Some programming knowledge
- Well versed in QA processes
- Sharepoint experience preferred