- Contribute large swaths of code using best practices and technologies
- Work closely with US Product and Engineering team to help shape future features and create pixel perfect UI that embodies iOS best practices and technology
- Delve deep into instruments tracking down leaks, bugs and identifying areas for optimization
Your Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience with iOS (Objective-C, Cocoa)
- A desire to work in a fun, rapidly iterating startup environment
- Client-Server applications and architecture (working with network requests and RESTful APIs)
- Deep understanding of UIKit (and Cocoa) with AutoLayout and Interface Builder
- Solid understanding of lifecycle feature deployment (discussions with product and design to releasing to the App Store)
- Experience working closely with Design and Product teams
- Experience with Interface Builder and Auto Layout
- Fluent in English
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, and 3+ years of software engineering
- Experience in working with StoreKit, Custom UI, Animations
- Experience in working with 3rd libraries AFNetworking, SocketRocket, Pusher, ReactiveCocoa, etc.
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience with Swift
- Java + Android experience
- Fluent in C++
- A natural passion for education and knowledge sharing
Why You'll Love Working Here
We have amazing traction, we are consistently a top 15 education app, doubling in volume every two months. Today we are matching hundreds of thousands of students with experts in sessions each month that produce real learning. Our knowledge base is also comprised of millions of problems, and we’re looking to grow to 10X, so we can build the largest bank of practice problems in the world. We are backed with great funding from the people who invested in world changing companies like Tesla, SpaceX, and PlanetLabs.
We believe that building world changing products and services starts with world class people. We are looking to add amazing members to our small team of engineers, product managers, and execs from Google, Facebook, Lyft, and GREE. We’re a fun loving but passionate group that believes in changing the world for the better. We come to work every day excited to build products that help people learn, and we want to be huge.