Are you an experienced Android Technical Lead with a background in providing technical leadership and delivery to other developers? If so read on.
What is the team?
You will be part of the team representing our first HUB for the Centre of Excellence (COE) based in Ho Chi Minh City. Our team is located in District 1 in a purpose built environment designed for creativity and collaboration for Agile and Customer Centric delivery developing fintech products to service our customers in Indonesia, South Africa and Vietnam.
What is the role?
We are looking for a talented Android Technical Lead to provide technical leadership and software craftmanship within the HUB. You will be responsible for leading the technical design, development and execution of our products across multiple scrum teams. Risk management and technology innovation will be essential for your success.
You will be responsible for technically leading and coaching our engineers who work in Agile teams to design and build best-of-breed Android solutions whilst maintaining necessary support for ongoing products.
Your duties will be to:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication (Mandatory)
- Provide hands-on technical leadership and development in mobile solution development – you will get your hands dirty
- Provide a leading voice in the evolving mobile architecture framework and roadmap covering languages, tooling, patterns and delivery processes.
- Enhance our talent pool ensuring that our team’s skills and practices are leading edge and aligned to technology strategy.
- Provide technical guidance through the complete Solution Delivery Lifecycle
- Foster an open, honest and collaborative working relationship with peers and the business
- Lead the technical design process coordinating various stakeholders; develop and document solution architectures aligned to bank's standards and policies
- Custodian of design and engineering best practices; and technical app roadmaps.
Your Skills and Experience
- Minimum 8+ years in software development
- At least 2+ years experience in a technical team lead position
- High level of communications skills, including the demonstrated ability to solicit opinions, accept feedback
- Strong knowledge of one or more automated test tools
- Strong knowledge and experience with continuous delivery and engineering practices (e.g: SOLID)
- Expert in depth experience in at least 2 other technology areas: Web development, .NET / C# or Java.
- Understanding of API, REST services and mobile securityof articulating concepts in Architecture
- Experience in working across a number of technical domains with the ability to ‘deep dive’ where required and ensure correct solutions are implemented
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment.
- Abillity to demostrate best practices in software craftmanship and android best practices
- Ability to translate technical talk to the business
- Ability to deliver convincing presentations that provide significant insight and generate consensus and buy-in
Why You'll Love Working Here
Are you a dynamic, energetic and self-motivated person looking for a challenging and rewarding career in an international bank? This is an excellent opportunity to build a career with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia – Australia’s leading retail Bank.